Let’s start by understanding what is the difference between a blog and a website:
A blog is a type of a website (Web log= Blog). Website is a general term. (site on web=website).
What is the difference between a blog and a website?
A Blog publish stories on daily basis. It’s like having your own personal Journal.
A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content use for service and products.
WordPress site should I improve it as my business does?
The WordPress site should ideally grow and improve as your business does. It’s your primary platform for promoting your brand and connecting with your customers. Neglecting any one component of your website maintenance for too long results in an adverse impact for your customers, security and overall performance.
Check the Bureau of Economic Analysis for information on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) For the ones that does not know what it means, GDP helps determine the economic health of a nation. If it increases then people are working and goods are in demand. If it decreases, jobs are being lost and/or resources are becoming scarce.
Backups are essential to running your WordPress site.
How to start Blogging
A blog is an online journal, with new entries appearing in sequence as they are written.
Starting a blog it’s easy, well for me it is, experience is the key go to wordpress.com and start blogging, it’s free.
“What” does it mean?
It means that 80% of all outcomes come from 20% of causes. Example in business, 80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients. You should focus on that 20% and perfect it, instead of focusing on the 80% and spread yourself thin. Some blogs are written for fun but some blog are written as a way to make money.
- Because you want your visitors to experience a lean, outstanding and simple site.
- Because you want to have Less distraction and you don’t want your customer clicking away from the main goal or call-to-action
- Faster page response times
- Because you can concentrate the pages with higher quality and perfect them with the design of your choice and less creative content.
- Because with a higher conversion rate means more subscribers, opt-ins, members, and customers.
- A higher percentage will go to your primary call-to-action
- Because when you have less element to deal with, easier the design, and easier to manage your website.
- Or you can buy a book ~ How to create a website
Services we offer
FAQ for the Website
One page is better to have than no website.
You will need 5 to 11 plus pages or less but an e-commerce website is a lot more depending how many products you plan to sell and to create a website you will need experience, especially SEO.
Do I need Plugins?
There are over 50,000 plugins to choose. Wordpress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress.
Yes, you need the plugins they provide a lot of added functionality to your site. Sometimes they are out of date or infrequently updated, plugins can bog down your pages and expose you and your customers to potential security threats. Very important to remove outdated plugins.
When should I start a website?
Start Today! Don’t let any situation stop you. Even if we have to stay inside because of the coronavirus epidemic. Always be one step ahead from everybody else. Don’t wait until the last minute because I am telling you someone else has already started the same idea or a similar idea. Been there, done it.
I love this saying: Don't let your fear decide your future
Start planning your vision of your site in a paper or computer if you have the right software for drawings.
It is recommended to spend a few hours or even days to properly plan your website.
Simply take a piece of paper, a pencil, a paste and a marker to start planting your site. Take a separate paper and write your thoughts about it. Then start planning your site plan.
Spend more time on what you do best and start getting more done. Start creating your vision board, visualize every day the steps you are going to take to reach your purpose in life, feel the passion and the excitement. Never give up.
You should have at least these 5 pages for your website:
- About page
- Contact us page
- Blog page
- Search results page
Depending the design of your website, here are some ideas to think about your pages:
- First start by asking yourself what pages I need on my unique website?
- What should I put on my homepage so that my customers will comprehend the services I provide or the products I sell.
- Testimonials (yes, of course)
- Will I need a blog (absolutely)
- Do I want to talk about myself or about the company on the “About” page. (Yes, you do)
- Do I need a “Portfolio” page? (if you are offering a service, yes you do)
- A “Contact page” (yes, of course).
Some more questions to ask yourself before starting a business
Do you know how to fix problems for your website……can you be unique and creative and do you have, dot, dot, dot….. time or speed. Are you the person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk in a business. Are you the person that can regularly purchase and monitor your goods or use a service and if you have employees plus taking care of your branding.
One of my favorite quotes
"Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients." ~Richard Branson
Let's get specific
How many words should I have for a Domain name?
No more than 1 to 3 words.
Look at: Apple, Google, Amazon, they use 1 word.
I use WordPress719 as my logo because I believed and use WordPress Platform with all my clients. WordPress is a Foundation, a free and open-source content management system.
Once you have your domain name and which company you are going to choose for your hosting then let’s talk about a theme, a design or if you want to design it yourself then let’s talk about consultation.
What are your needs and how many pages do you need?
How many pages are you going to need for your website so that you can explain to the consumer about your services or your products?
What is the first thing the customer will see on a website?
Questions and answers?
What is the first thing my customer will see?
- The first thing your customer will see is your “Homepage”. This is where you will capture their attention and you have few seconds to do it. A short description and a brief explanation is needed.
- “About page” people want to know who is behind the company.
How about a “Service page”
- A “Service page” if you offer services for a start in the Homepage then you can add other pages about your services.
How about a “Product page”
- A “Product Page” here you will offer details about your products you sell to the consumer.
How about “FAQ Page”
- Frequently questions ask by your customer.
A “Testimonials Page”
- positive reviews include photos and contact information of the author.
Will I need a “Contact Page” with your email address and phone number.?
Yes, of course.
How about a “Blog Page”?
- A blog page drives traffic, leads and sales. Write about your company’s story.
A “Press Release” page?
- Press release is a short news story written by a public relations professional and sent to target members of the media.
- Yes , you do need it.
How about the Content, Images and videos?
You, the client provides the content, images in a forma jpeg or png, and videos to the web designer, to me.
- Always be prepare when you meet your web designer. I always tell my clients and students always try to be one step ahead
Contact me for a one on one coaching: firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office: 480-232-4932
I aim to respond within 24 hours.
Should I create a blog with high-quality content regularly.
To market your business online is to build a blog where you can post and share high-quality content. This strategy won’t pay off overnight, but every entrepreneur needs to understand the importance of embracing this online marketing method.
Your blog post should be free of typos, editing errors, and grammar mistakes. Proof read before you post.
HAVE A KILLER TITLE
A sub-heading to help your readers decide if they want to continue reading.
- Keep is short, less is always more.
- Be consistent give readers a reason for visitors to return.
- Don’t sell, sell, visitors come to your blog to learn about you and your writing, not to be bombarded by your latest sales pitch. If they enjoy your posts, they will buy your book.
- Respond to any comments.
- Blogging, explore different topics.
- Insert links to showcase your research and give credit where it is deserved.
- Insert relevant images to grab your readers attention.
- Did you know 60% yes 60% of your readers are visual learners.
- Include social sharing buttons and a call of action.
Learn how we can increase your sales, develop your brand, and generate interest in your site.
Your customer does not care about what you like but they do care about themselves and answers to their problems, its called buyer personas.
The “who” and the “what”?
You will need to know ” who” you are selling to, “what” are they thinking, “what” are their needs and “what” are their situations, this is called conversion.
5 Questions for you to think about:
- What is the site about?
- Why should I buy from you?
- Who are your target customers?
- What do they want and what are their needs?
- Are you solving their problems and needs?
You are at the mall walking around and something caught your eye in one of the stores so you decide to go inside, why? Remember questions to ask when you write your content is “what” “who” and “why”use conversion.
More questions to think about:
- What are your goals for this project?
- Can you do it yourself?
- What is your budget?
- What keywords will you use?
- Be more specific on your keywords or topic.
- What is the size of your business?
- What industry it exist in?
- Are you an expert on SEO, Search Engine Optimization
Myles Anderson, founder and CEO at BrightLocal, said in a press release, “Every year we see even more consumers looking at online reviews when choosing a local business. And the bar is rising with half of consumers only considering businesses that have a rating of 4 or 5 stars.”
What does it mean? Consumers are looking more and more for businesses online.
Unless your website is among the top of SEO, search engine optimization results, no one will know your site exists. “Content is King” as they say with higher converting keywords.
What does it mean, SEO?
Grow your business with 1st page ranking, learn how to title your posts, knowing of what users are searching for, how others describe your products or services and how to optimize and structure your website.
Why ongoing WordPress Website Maintenance is important?
A WordPress site is not a one-time build that’s ready to sustain itself throughout the life of your company, brand or blog.
Just as a physical building you might make for a brick-and-mortar location requires regular maintenance to repair breaks, clean up messes and spruce up the landscaping from week to week, your website needs the same routine care to keep it in a good shape.
On a one to one Free consultation please contact: email@example.com
or call the office: 480-232-4932
I can do Skype, Zoom, or Google hangouts.
I aim to respond within 24 hours
Due to Coronavirus Coffee will be for a later date.